Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement”) is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with connme., the connme. website, mobile applications or other online or mobile product or services (collectively, the “Services”). By using or accessing connme., you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 11 below. If you are using the Services on behalf of any entity, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to accept these Terms on such entity’s behalf and that such entity will be responsible for your violation of these Terms. Failure to use our Services in accordance with these Terms may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Services and may subject you to legal action by connme. and/or severe civil and/or criminal penalties.
Please read the Statement carefully, as it contains information concerning your legal rights and limitations on these rights, as well as a section regarding applicable law and jurisdiction of disputes. If you do not accept all of these terms and conditions, please do not use our connme. Services.
Sharing Your Content and Information
We appreciate hearing from you and we advert you that you can control how your information is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
- It is clarified that connme., connme. Services and other definitions are stated in clause 15.
- Please be aware that by "Submissions", you grant connme. a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right (collectively IP License) to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Submissions throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised, for any purpose; and (b) use the name that you submit in connection with such Submission. This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- You warrant that (i) all information supplied by you on this Website is true, accurate, current and complete and (ii) that you will only publish information about locations you have actually been to. (Bear in mind, your best friends and their closest companions are you readers, so make sure to provide them with relevant information that helps them.)
- connme. is a network of close friend and their global companions that lives from your contribution. When you publish "Content" using the Restricted setting, it means that your content and information will be visible for you friends, and friends of friends. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about connme., but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- You acknowledge that connme. may choose to provide attribution of your comments or reviews at our discretion. You further grant connme. the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or connme. rights in the Submissions by a breach of this Statement. You acknowledge and agree that Submissions are non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Interaction with other members
connme. Services are just a platform that enable you to communicate and interact with other people around the world. We cannot be responsible for the interactions that you have with other connme. members, so please use good judgment and keep safety in mind when you use our Services.
- You have sole responsibility when interacting with other members. Our Services provide a platform for members to learn about one another, arrange stays and travel, engage in activities and communicate with one another. connme. is not a party to, has no involvement or interest in, makes no representations or warranties as to, and has no responsibility or liability with respect to any communications, transactions, interactions, disputes or any relations whatsoever between you and any other member, person or organization. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members of our Services. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor interactions between you and other members of our Services.
- Members of connme. may and are encouraged to organize in-person meetings and host events for other connme. members; however, these events are not sponsored or endorsed by connme..
- Release. Because our Services are merely a platform, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more members, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law you release us (and our officers, directors, members, employees, agents and affiliates) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Links to Third-Party Sites
connme. Services may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than connme. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy or other practices of such websites. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from this Website or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. In some cases you may be asked by a third party site to link your profile on connme. to a profile on another third party site. Choosing to do so is purely optional, and the decision to allow this information to be linked can be disabled (with the third party site) at any time.
Safety & Prohibited Activities
We do our best to keep connme. personal and safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep connme. personal and safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You expressively agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create, or otherwise publish any Content that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access connme., using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on connme.
- You will not engage or initiate any activities related to unsolicited promotions, political campaigning, advertising, contests, raffles or solicitations.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on connme..
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code and any content or information that contains viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive file viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology.
- You will not violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this Website
- You will not take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- You will not deep-link to any portion of our Service for any purpose without our express written permission
- You will not "frame", "mirror" or otherwise incorporate any part of connme. into any other website without our prior written authorization.
- You will not attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by connme. in connection with the Services.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, trick or harass any user.
- You will not use connme. to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of connme., such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other connme. functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
Registration and Account Security
connme. users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on connme., or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use connme. if you are under 14.
- You will not use connme. if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You agree to create a unique password that you do not use with any other online product or service.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your connme. account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
- You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain.
- Furthermore, you consent to disclose your contact information and posted content with your friends and the friends of your friends in your connme. network based on the privacy and application settings. To ensure your safety, you will only invite people to connme. that you trust and know well.
Protecting Other People's Rights
To protect your and other people’s rights and ensure a high quality of the connme. network, we limited the number of friends you can invite to your personal connme. network.
connme. respects other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not tag users or send invitations to non-users without their consent. Invitation that has been sent cannot be revoked or used to invite another friend. The maximal number of friends in your friend list is 150 as we care about ensuring a strong bond between users. Scientist proved the maximum number of friends a person can truly stay in touch with to this number.
- You will not circumvent the limitation by any means.
- You respect the freedom of expression and understand that the content posted by others reflects their own opinions and experiences. Content on connme. does not legitimate any juridical action against other parties except if violating this Statement or the law.
- You will not post content or take any action on connme. that infringes or violates someone else's rights, or otherwise violates the law, including but not limited to Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party.
- You expressly agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity, including connme..
- You will not disclose any personal information of private persons that would allow identifying or locating them.
- We can remove any content or information you post on connme. if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on connme..
Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on connme. within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on connme..
About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by connme.
Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
- You give us permission, if not otherwise stated in your privacy settings, to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as activities or a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it.
- We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
- You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
Special Provisions Applicable to Software
If you download or use our app, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services. Changes in the Statement will only be conducted if no longer suitable or incomplete and if, under consideration of your interests, the changes are reasonable.
If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice in the designated section of our website.
Changes to this Statement will take effect 30 days after you have been notified. The 30-day term will be explicitly stated in our email notifying you of the changes. Your continued use of the connme. Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines. If you do not wish to accept the changes, you have to delete your account.
If the infringement consists of the violation of the letter or spirit of this Statement, the termination for good cause is only enforceable after an unsuccessful admonition or after a period of failed response to duties inflicted on a party.
We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2 b-d, 4-7, 8 c, and 11-15.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or connme. exclusively in a German court and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The German law will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on connme., you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on connme. and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on connme.. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on connme. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of connme..
- According to the juridical terms, we are exclusively liable for: (i) damages arising out of the infringement of a party’s rights regarding life, body or health; (ii) intent; (iii) gross negligence; and (iv) according to the Product Liability Act. Without limiting the former, we are only liable for minor negligence in case of a severe violation of the essential obligations. Essential obligations in this sense represent duties that are necessary to the fulfillment of the contract, that’s violations would question the achievement of the purpose of the contract and that’s adherence can be taken for granted. In this case, the liability is limited to typical and predicable damages; in all other cases, we are not liable for any minor negligence. In no event will our aggregated liability to you or any third party in any matter arising from or relating to our Services or this Statement exceed the sum of One Hundred Euro (100€)
Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside Germany
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with connme. outside Germany.
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the locations of our servers
- If you are located in a country embargoed by Germany you will not engage in commercial activities on connme. (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use connme. if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from Germany.
- By "connme." or “connme. Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website and any other connme. branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) our application; (d) other media, brands, products, services, software, devices, or networks now existing or later developed. connme. reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this SRR.
- By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from connme. or provide data to us.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with connme.
- By "Content" we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using connme. Services, including but not limited to message, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, code or any other material.
- By "Data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from connme. or provide to connme. through Platform.
- By "post" we mean post on connme. or otherwise make available by using connme..
- By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "Application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- By “Submissions” we mean email, postings on connme. or otherwise, including any reviews, questions, photographs or videos, comments, suggestions, ideas or the like.
- This Statement is an agreement between you and connme. UG (haftungsbeschränkt) and references to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean connme. UG (haftungsbeschränkt).
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding connme., and supersedes any prior agreements.
- You agree that no joint venture, agency, partnership, or employment relationship exists between you and connme. and/or affiliates as a result of this Statement or use of the Services.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing connme..